Welcome to My Afro Baby!
If you’re new to caring for your child’s natural hair, the information online can be overwhelming. Below you’ll find a few articles that can help you get started in learning and understanding how your child’s kinky tresses actually work.
Click a button to explore the article.
If you feel totally stuck when it comes to your Afro Baby’s tresses, try asking yourself the following questions:
- If your child is a year or older are you deep conditioning his or her hair weekly or at least biweekly and processing with heat?
- Does your little one sleep with a satin bonnet or on a satin pillowcase or blanket EVERY night?
- When you detangle your little one’s hair, are you only doing it when the hair is damp and slick with conditioner?
- When you detangle are you doing it in sections and only using your fingers and a wide-tooth comb?
- Is your child getting in the recommended amount of water for his or her age group each day?
- If your child’s hair is long enough, do you keep it in a protective style (braids, twists, cornrows) at least 70% of the time?
If you answered “no” to any of the above questions, those would be great places to start in order to get to the route of any issues that you may be having with your little one’s hair.