*Some links may be affiliate links. We may get paid if you buy something or take an action after clicking one of these.
Banana Deep Conditioning Treatment (Great for dry hair!)Bananas are known in the natural hair community for helping with extra “thirsty” hair. They’re rich in both potassium and Vitamin A which are two things that the hair needs. Olive oil is used in this recipe to help penetrate the hair strands and add moisture to dry strands. The Greek yogurt will give the hair a healthy balance of moisture and protein which will help to soften the hair.
- 1 ripe banana
- 2-3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon pure honey
- plastic conditioning cap
- Mix the banana and EVOO in a blender until very smooth. (Be sure to get out all lumps from the banana.)
- Add the remaining ingredients and continue to mix until there are no lumps.
- Pour the mixture through a strainer to remove any extra lumps or banana pulp before applying to your little one’s hair.
- Apply mixture to wet hair, cover with a plastic conditioning cap and leave on for a minimum of 30 minutes before rinsing thoroughly.
- Add a leave-in and style as usual.
Kesha is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Full disclosure